You might be thinking how difficult it is to sublimate shirts by bleaching them. It’s not as difficult as you may think, as long as you have the correct materials for the job. This guide will show you how to bleach a shirt for sublimation.
Different methods to bleach a t-shirt for sublimation
Because bleaching is the same process of eliminating stains or removing the color of shirts, you can use any of these remedies to bleach a shirt for sublimation.
Whitening folk remedies
Sometimes there is no time to go to the store for stain remover, and it happens that the experience of removing stains from white things is negative. In such a situation, folk remedies help out. Firstly, they are safe and do not cause allergies, and secondly, they save money.
When removing stains, only a 3% solution is used. The tool is in every home first aid kit, it is not difficult to purchase it.
In medicine, peroxide is used to heal cuts, wounds, and as a disinfectant. However, many women successfully use it in washing children’s clothes, men’s shirts , kitchen towels .
There is a recipe for how to remove yellowness from a white T-shirt. Hydrogen peroxide is a product that releases oxygen when in contact with water. Such a reaction helps to remove stains or completely return the bright white color of your favorite thing.
- If you need to completely “renew” the entire T-shirt, then dissolve 1 tbsp. l. hydrogen peroxide in 2 liters of water and soak the product, soak until the water cools down (about 30 minutes), periodically turn the soaked clothes over. Then wash as usual.
- When it is necessary to remove yellow stains from sweat or deodorant in the armpits or other complex contamination, first soak the T-shirt completely for 30 minutes in hot water, and then treat problem areas with peroxide (apply for 20 minutes). Then wash in the usual way.
This tool can also be found in any home first aid kit. Used to treat otitis or inflammation associated with the ears. In washing stains and giving things freshness, it is also successfully used: it has a whitening effect, removes a yellow tint.
- Wash your T-shirt in hot water first. Add 20-30 g of hand wash powder.
- Then make a solution at the rate of 1 tsp. boric acid per 1 liter of water. Soak the product for at least half an hour.
- Rinse thoroughly with plenty of water.
Another inexpensive tool that helps restore the product to its original whiteness. Ammonia is used both independently and in combination with other components. In 2.5 liters of water, dissolve 0.5 tbsp. l. ammonia, soak the T-shirt for 30 minutes. If the dirt is too ingrained, then add 0.5 tbsp. l. washing powder and baking soda.
Not only ammonia and peroxide will help whiten a T-shirt, citric acid is also used in many folk recipes. It is an excellent natural bleach that removes oil stains and sweat marks. It also softens the structure of fabrics, which is suitable, for example, for children’s clothes.
- It is necessary to add 2 tbsp to 5 liters of water. l. citric acid and 20-30 g of washing powder.
- Soak white clothes for 2 hours.
- Then rinse at least 2-3 times.
There are many ways to use the medication in the laundry. This inexpensive drugstore remedy is often invaluable when it comes to bleaching a jersey T-shirt. Another drug does not allow things to turn yellow ahead of time.
Dissolve 2-3 Aspirin tablets in 5 liters of water, then immerse a T-shirt in the solution and leave for 1-1.5 hours. Then wash in the usual way. Sometimes (no more than 1 time for 3-5 washes) add 5-6 tablets to the washing machine drum.
It has been used on the farm for a very long time, especially for removing stains from clothes. The tool is verified. There are several options for how not only to refresh a T-shirt, but also to bleach, remove stains and other dirt.
- Add a small amount to the washing machine, then select the desired mode. Wash with powder.
- Soak the T-shirt in the solution: in 2.5 liters of water, dissolve 1 tbsp. l. soda and 2.5 tbsp. l. hydrogen peroxide. Leave the product for several hours. Then wash in a convenient way.
- Dissolve in 2.5 liters of water 1.5 tbsp. l. soda and bring liquid to a boil. Then put the thing in boiling water. After 15 minutes of boiling, remove the item and rinse well with running water.
Whitening a white t-shirt with baking soda will allow you to cheaply and quickly put your favorite t-shirt in order. But it is important to know that it is not recommended to bleach things made of synthetics with this method. You can ruin the structure of the fabric.
Over time, the knitted fabric from which the T-shirt is made may turn gray. To quickly return a cotton shirt to its original color or remove stains, you must do the following:
- Take a quarter cup of table salt and baking soda, pour 2-3 liters of water. Mix the ingredients until smooth, make sure that the crystals are completely dissolved.
- Soak the t-shirt for 2 hours, turn it over from time to time for better soaking.
- Rinse thoroughly under running water.
How to bleach a child’s white t-shirt
All caring mothers approach this issue with particular caution. After all, the use of household chemicals can cause an allergic reaction in a child. And white children’s clothes have to be lightened and stains removed from them even more often than from adults. Among folk remedies, one can single out those that will not harm the delicate skin of children.
- hydrogen peroxide;
- lemon acid;
- baking soda;
- baby and laundry soap ;
- oxygen bleaches.
Whitening a T-shirt with household chemicals
Today, there is a very large selection of products in stores that allow you to bleach a white T-shirt in a washing machine or by hand. Conventionally, they are divided into 3 categories, each of which has its pros and cons.
Methods for bleaching t-shirts with a pattern for sublimation
Despite all the difficulties in finding an answer on how to sublimate a white T-shirt from various stains, much more than many housewives care about how to bleach a T-shirt with a pattern for sublimation.
The first thing to remember when looking for an answer to the question of how to wash printed T-shirts is the fact that the designs on such clothes are applied using thermal printing. This procedure is characterized by the fact that in the process of applying the pattern, the paint is strongly absorbed into the fibers of the fabric, so they are almost completely stained. As a result, you will not remove such a pattern even with the strongest bleaches, it is noted that such types of T-shirts can be soaked even in chlorine-containing bleach.
Cleaning such T-shirts in the washing machine is not recommended, since it is precisely when rubbing against the drum that the pattern can be damaged. If you are not afraid that something can happen to the washed things, then you can take a chance, but be sure to use a special laundry bag.